Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the Juice
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ ripe pear, peeled and diced in cubes
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp of hot green chilli paste (add more according to taste) 3 tsp of fresh ginger paste
- 1 tsp salt (add more to your taste)
- 1 whole green apple cored and cubed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup cold water (1/2 cup more depending on the consistency required)
- 1 tsp Matcha powder
For the salad
- 1 courgette cut into 1cm dice cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into 1cm dice 1 medium avocado, cut into 1 cm dice
- Sesame oil for drizzle
- 1 or ½ soft tofu — 1cm diced
- Prepare the salad first. Put the diced courgettes and cucumber into a bowl and place in the fridge to chill.
- The avocado should be cut just before serving or it will brown.
- Cut the soft tofu into 1cm diced cubes and put them aside.Put the juice ingredients, with cold water, in a blender and whizz until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve. Taste and adjust the flavour accordingly tasting strong with a little spice and heat. Keep chilled until you are ready to serve. The juice will keep for up to 1 day in the fridge.
- Pour the juice into individual glasses or one large bowl and add the vegetables (cucumber, courgettes, soft tofu and avocado) just before serving.
Wellness cooking and natural foods has been a part of my life for decades. My family’s personal struggle with health and well-being led me to pursue my passion for cooking and make a difference to the world around me.
Having experienced first-hand the power of nutrition and a balanced lifestyle in bringing back my mother from stage 4 cancer, I embarked on a path to achieve my ambition of becoming a wellness chef and nutritional expert.
I started by creating her own recipes using ancient healing ingredients, some of which are now known as super foods and brought them to a plate as a piece of art. It was my mission to change the idea of some who thought healthy eating was boring, bland and uninspiring!
And that is where ‘Kajal’s Healthy Kitchen’ was born! I run regular healthy cookery workshops, international yoga and well-being retreats, consultancy services for clients looking to achieve health and wellness goals, corporate events, and tailored dinner parties.
Disclaimer: Recipes are provided for information purpose only. OAUK is not responsible for any adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. If you have questions about food, diet, or nutrition, please do your own research and consult with your health care practitioner.